Monday, August 22, 2011

Lemon Cayenne Water

Some of you might be thinking I am a little crazy with this drink.  It may be gross, but it has an amazing health benefit and can help with numerous things- like, headaches, jump-starting metabolism, cleansing bowels, etc.
Here is the recipe...
  • 8-12 oz glass of purified water.
  • Juice of 1/2-1 lemon.
  •  1/8 tsp.- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (start with lower increments).
  • 1 tsp. Maple Syrup (the maple syrup has to be real- you don't have to use the maple syrup if you don't want).  Maple syrup has a lot of great nutrients in it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anything has ever sounded less yummy. :) Still, it sounds beneficial and I'm going to be brave and try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It tastes as bad as it sounds. Well, the taste itself isn't whats bad, but the cayenne definitely burns. I did a cleanse quite a few years ago that all I did was drink this. I only lasted two days. My brother lasted 30 (real maple syrup has a ridiculous amount of nutrients). I am not THAT crazy anymore, but the more I research, the more amazing I find cayenne pepper to be.

    ReplyDelete